USA, Canada and Central America 2019: Wild West Cowboys and Buffalos End Rapid City Summer 2019
Brochure Type: USA, Canada and Central America 2019
Trot through Montana's Big Sky Country and watch as Old Faithful spouts steam in Yellowstone. You'll see the American presidents sculpted at Mount Rushmore and say hi to Buffalo Bill in Cody.
- VIEW Crazy Horse Memorial, Mount Rushmore
- VISIT the Oregon Trail Center in Montpelier, Jackson, Grand Teton National Park, 320 Guest Ranch, Yellowstone National Park, Cody, the Black Hills, Bear Country USA
- 8 full breakfasts
- 2 lunches
- 5 dinners
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and local charges included
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- VIP entry to many sights
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2018
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Salt Lake City||Arrive Salt Lake City: Saddle up for a Wild West family adventure starting with a relaxing afternoon together in small-town Salt Lake City before meeting your travel buckeroos for a rootin' tootin' evening Kick-off Party with your Travel Director.Kick-Off Party|
|Day 2||Jackson||Salt Lake City - Montpelier - Jackson: Put on your cowboy hats, pull up your boots and get ready to make memories that will last a lifetime. Follow trails blazed by rugged mountain men centuries ago, stopping at the Oregon Trail Center in Montpelier to get a glimpse into the thrills and challenges of the Old Trail. Enjoy lunch in a covered wagon before travelling to the Old West town of Jackson. Walk through the town's famous landmark arch of tangled elk antlers and step back in time as you explore the Town Square with its Western boardwalks, craft boutiques and ice cream shops-all surrounded by the majestic Rockies. This evening, take a wagon ride out to the river for a rib-stickin' Chuckwagon Regional Meal.Full Breakfast, Lunch, Regional Meal|
Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa
|Day 3||320 GUEST RANCH||Jackson - Grand Teton National Park - 320 Guest Ranch: Rise early if you'd like to rollick down the Snake River on a scenic optional wilderness float trip (seasonal). Later, discover dramatic Grand Teton National Park. Travel onward to Montana's Big Sky Country and settle in for big fun at your Stay with a Story, an 1898 homestead, where you'll feast on a classic Western dinner.Full Breakfast, Dinner|
320 Guest Ranch
|Day 4||Yellowstone National Park||320 Guest Ranch - Yellowstone National Park (2 Nights): Giddy up cowboys and cowgirls. There are many fun choices on the ranch this morning. Join a whitewater rafting trip down the Gallatin River or saddle up and ride with a real-life horse wrangler in the Montana wilderness. After lunch at the ranch, visit The Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center in West Yellowstone where you'll Make a Difference by contributing to its conservation programmes. Tonight, we stay inside the UNESCO-listed Yellowstone National Park, where each lodge has its own unique setting and atmosphere.Full Breakfast, Lunch|
National Park Lodges
|Day 5||Yellowstone National Park||Yellowstone National Park Sightseeing: Discover Yellowstone's astounding wonders-the thundering Yellowstone Falls, brilliantly coloured hot springs, bubbling mud pools and hissing steam vents. The highlight is a visit to Old Faithful, which has been spouting steam water regularly for thousands of years. Do you know how to locate a bear or tell what it's been eating? Enjoy a stroll around the boardwalks of Yellowstone and learn the answer, plus even more cool facts about the park's abundance of wildlife.Full Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 6||Sheridan||Yellowstone National Park - Cody - Sheridan: Tip your Stetson to "Buffalo Bill" in his hometown of Cody and get a glimpse into the Spirit of the American West at the Buffalo Bill Center of the West. Delve into culture of the cowboy, the role of the firearm in the early days and the culture and art of the Plains Indians.Full Breakfast|
Holiday Inn Sheridan
|Day 7||Rapid City||Sheridan - Keystone - Rapid City (2 Nights): After a hearty breakfast, your journey continues on to South Dakota and the Crazy Horse Memorial. Gaze at the towering tribute to legendary Lakota leader Crazy Horse being carved into the mountain and learn how your visit Makes a Difference by preserving the culture of his people. The evening is yours to explore in Rapid City. Or consider an optional trip to the Mount Rushmore Lighting Ceremony, a chance to see one of America's most famous landmarks from a different perspective.Full Breakfast|
|Day 8||BLACK HILLS EXCURSION||Black Hills Excursion: Our first stop this morning is Bear Country USA, a wildlife park featuring the world's largest private viewing habitat of American black bear. Enjoy a drive through the park and walk through its Wildlife Center. Next, head for the famous Black Hills of South Dakota to view the giant faces of former American presidents etched in the stone cliffs of Mount Rushmore. This evening, we Dive into Culture joining your fellow adventurers at a Farewell Dinner featuring a local Native American dancer.Full Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 9||Rapid City||Depart Rapid City: Transfer to the Rapid City Regional Airport for your flight home, or travel to Denver, where you can extend your stay or transfer to Denver International Airport for your flight home.Full Breakfast|
- Crossovers: All 2018 departure dates will operate as per the 2018 brochure. Itineraries, durations, hotels and inclusions may vary. Please inquire at the time of booking.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class
From $2,795.00 (USD)
Tour Type: Family ExperienceBrochure Type: USA, Canada and Central America 2019Trot through Montana's Big Sky Country and watch as Old Faithful spouts steam in Yellowstone.