Eastern Mediterranean 2018: Greek Island Hopper Summer 2018
Brochure Type: Eastern Mediterranean 2018
Circled by the deep blue Aegean sea, life is sweet on the Cyclades islands of Mykonos and Santorini where you will have days for an At Leisure encounter with their secret coves, tiny cobbled streets and weather-beaten characters in cafes over a glass or two of ouzo. Explore the ancient sites of Athens, the dramatic volcanic landscape of Santorini and Mykonos' party paradise.
- City tour in Athens
- Orientation of Mykonos and Santorini
- View the Parthenon, Hadrian's Arch and the 1896 Olympic Stadium in Athens
- Visit the Acropolis in Athens
- 9 buffet breakfasts
- 3 dinners
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- High-speed ferry from Athens to Mykonos
- High-speed ferry from Mykonos to Santorini
- Flight from Santorini to Athens
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2018
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Athens||Arrive Athens (2 Nights): Ease into a simpler way of life - the intoxicatingly slow pace of the charming Cycladic islands the ultimate departure from reality, but not before your enjoy a passionate encounter with Athens after being transferred to your hotel. Join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception including a welcome drink and light meal to kick off your At Leisure discovery of the capital and the enchanting islands of Mykonos and Santorini. Welcome Reception|
Divani Palace Acropolis/Crowne Plaza
|Day 2||Athens||Athens Sightseeing: Embark on a journey to antiquity with your Local Specialist who will take you to the Acropolis, a sacred site since Mycenaen times. Imagine Athenians ascending the hilltop shrine to worship Athena at the Parthenon, see the Panathinaiko Olympic stadium, the Temple of Zeus and Hadrian's Arch. Admire the pom-pom march of the Evzone guards at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, then spend the rest of the day at leisure soaking up the verve of this vibrant city. Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 3||Mykonos||Athens - Mykonos (3 Nights): We depart Athens and cruise to Mykonos - its characteristic hillside windmills overlook the beautiful bay and stand as an enduring greeting to all who arrive. Enjoy an orientation before spending the rest of your day getting lost amidst the island's beguiling cobblestone lanes lined with white-washed cottages and tumbling cerise bougainvillea. This evening, join your fellow travellers for a Regional Meal to indulge in a feast of local flavours. Take to the playground of the rich and famous this evening and perhaps experience the island's vibrant nightlife.Buffet Breakfast, Regional Meal|
Pelican Bay/Kamari/San Marco
|Day 4||Mykonos||Mykonos At Leisure: Set your watch to island time and enjoy two glorious days soaking up the laid-back vibe of Mykonos. Spend your day relaxing on its beautiful beaches, sip champagne in the picturesque Little Venice waterside or visit some of its historical treasures, including the 17th century Church of the Paraportiani, the Archaeological Museum and the Aegean Maritime Museum.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 5||Mykonos||Mykonos At Leisure: Kick back and enjoy another idyllic day in beautiful surrounds. Indulge in local seafood flavours, enjoy a leisurely swim in the calm waters of the Aegean or consider a trip to see the mythical sanctuary of Delos, believed by the ancients to be the birthplace of Artemis and Apollo. Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 6||Santorini||Mykonos - Santorini (3 Nights): We take a short ferry transfer to Santorini where we'll spend the next three days exploring the island's dramatic beauty. Stroll through the volcanic island's quaint clifftop towns - blue-domed white-washed facades cling dramatically to the multi-coloured cliffs providing a spectacular backdrop for exquisite sunsets. Join your companions this evening for a memorable Regional Meal of delicious Greek cuisine.Buffet Breakfast, Regional Meal|
El Greco/Santorini Palace/Orizontes
|Day 7||Santorini||Santorini At Leisure: View the magnificent caldera, see the island's ancient ruins or ramble through the winding cobbled streets of Fira and Oia - today is yours to enjoy a leisurely exploration of this beautiful island on your terms. Indulge in a day of sunbathing and relaxation on one of its many beaches or shop up a storm at its quaint boutique stores.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 8||Santorini||Santorini At Leisure: Toast to the spellbinding beauty of Santorini at a local winery and learn about the art of wine making in the region, or consider a ride in a kaiki (sailing boat) to the volcanic island of Nea Kameni to swim in its glorious hot springs - another full day at leisure to relax and soak up the island atmosphere.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 9||Athens||Santorini - Athens: We return to Athens this morning, taking a short flight to the capital. After being transferred to your hotel, you have a day at leisure for some last-minute souvenir shopping or sightseeing. Buffet Breakfast|
Divani Palace Acropolis/Crowne Plaza
|Day 10||Depart Athens||Depart Athens: Say a fond farewell to Greece and your newfound friends as you are transferred to the airport for the flight home. Buffet Breakfast|
- For an exciting family version of this itinerary with fun family activities and inclusions see trip code: FGIH - Greek Island Hopper.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class
From $3,195.00 (USD)
Tour Type: At LeisureBrochure Type: Eastern Mediterranean 2018Circled by the deep blue Aegean sea, life is sweet on the Cyclades islands of Mykonos and Santorini where you will have days for an At Leisure encounter with their secret coves, tiny cobbl...